Sunday, October 29, 2006

Eye of the beholder

It's happened to me a couple of times lately where I'll be standing there talking to someone (usually an older lady) and they'll interrupt to let me know I really am beautiful. What kind of throws me off is they say it in a way to indicate they're only realizing it now. There's not much you can say to that other than thank you and continue on with the previous conversation. I have to wonder how awful I was looking before that people take such notice now (or I really have to start thanking my new foundation and eyeliner). Don't get it twisted, I'm not looking for compliments so don't bother, this has just been hanging around my mind.

1 comment:

kristin said...

you are beautiful.

seriously, what i think it is is that something about what you're discussing inspires some spark in your eye or an animation to your expression that just grabs them suddenly like. cause when you talk about something you are passionate about, your soul shows through more than usual.

so, it's not as such a realization, rather it's a reaction you've generated that's renewed you in that person's eyes. like when you hit refresh on your web browser and your comment count goes up. well, not really. more like when you're looking at a bud's photoblog and hit refresh and there's a new wedding photo that wasn't there a second ago. no that's not it either. well shit, you know what i'm trying to say.

gosh, you're pretty!!!