Thursday, October 26, 2006

With High Honours

I graduated yesterday and I wasn’t feeling the excitement and satisfaction I’d expected, until I’m standing there waiting to accept my diploma and my name is announced and it’s followed by the words With High Honours. There was something hearing it proclaimed to the entire audience not only had I satisfied all the requirements of the program but additionally I’d achieved the highest academic echelon possible. I was once on the provincial executive of business club. The majority of the executives’ focus was on the provincial competition held in February. We stand up on stage in front of 2000 students, their family members, teachers and friends and officially launch the competition. As my name and position were announced the audience started chanting my name (my school had the largest membership with over 200 students) and that became the norm every time I was on stage. The feeling produced was that floating on air, can’t come down, this can never be topped kind of feeling (love, respect, appreciation all wrapped up together). I got that feeling again today when I looked into the faces of my grandparents. It’s always nice hearing people say they’re proud of you but seeing it made all the work, effort and sleepless nights worth it. I can’t wait to do it again.

No comments: