Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Joy Luck Club

In high school we had to read the book and than got to enjoy the movie (Russell Wong is one sexy man). The part that struck a cord with me is the scene where the heroine is attending a Chinese New Year meal at her mother’s house she takes the “bad crab” for herself. Her mother later berates her for not going after the best for herself. Without a doubt I can say I never fail to go after the best for myself, however, I’m not willing to do anything to get it. I won’t lie, I won’t steal, I won’t cheat and above all I won’t hurt others in the process. In fact there’s a lot I’m willing to give up in order to help a friend. As I thought on this subject, a couple of people came to mind and it truly upset me to come to the conclusion that I don’t think they can say the same for themselves. I think if given the opportunity they’d not only stab me in the back, they’d proceed to use my body as a stepping stone.

Some disturbing thoughts. Yet again I think it’s time to seriously close some relationship accounts.

1 comment:

Marieseda said...

I was shocked when somebody read this post and thought it was about them. If you’re reading it and seeing yourself there, maybe it's time you re-thought some of your actions.