Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Doblerism #1

I was talking to someone this afternoon and they made me think of what I like to refer to as a Doblerism:

Lloyd Dobler: Why can't you be in a good mood? How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood and be in a good mood once in a while?"

Because really it's not that difficult to make the decision and stick to it. People seem to have no problem deciding to be in a miserable mood and sharing their awful attitude with everyone else. Why is the reverse so complicated? I strive to always be in a good (I'm not always successful, but at least I try). In the morning when I get up I know I have two options, I can decide that this is going to be a great day and regardless of what happens I stand fast to that or I can decide to let the little things get to me and be pissed off and miserable all day. Being miserable doesn't make me happy and it definitely doesn't thrill the people who have to deal with me, so why should I be that way? I know a lot of people have stress and challenges they face on a daily basis, and the ones I have respect for are those that make the decision that they've been given this day to do something good and for them to sit there and wallow in self-pity would simply be a waste. If only everyone would make the decision to be in a good mood and be in a good mood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY - MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY