Saturday, December 09, 2006

Love Songs

(A lot of posts that include song titles and lyrics I normally don't post. It can be a challenge trying to express an emotion using someone else's words)

I used to unjustly expect the man in my life to say things that would normally be found in a Jagged Edge or some other R&B song. If he had come to me with lyrics from "Gotta Be" or "Good luck Charm" I'd have probably melted. The sentiment expressed there is so beautiful, I can't imagine anyone being told that those particulars songs were written for them failing to fall in love.

Gotta Be

Is it real
What I feel
Could it be you and me
Until the end of time
Miles apart, take my heart,
Hold it tight, it's true love

I gotta be the one you touch
I gotta be the one you love
I gotta be the one you feel
And I gotta be the one
To fill your life with sunshine
I gotta be the one you love
Cause I will always love you so
I gotta be the one you need
I'm just telling you that I've got to be



Good Luck Charm

Everytime that something good happens in my life
You're always there for me looking good by my side...

So much good has come my way since you came in my life
I'd never push you away or brush you off to the side.
See girl I see my luck has changed for the better
See I've got so much love for you in these arms
Don't you know that you're my good luck charm
Loving you forever girl and never do I want to go without my good luck charm
Without you in my life my future aint' the same



and than there's always Mario's "Let Me Love You"

If I was your man, Baby, you'd never worry about what I do
I'd be coming home back to you every night, doing you right
You're the type of woman that deserves good things
A fistful of diamonds, a handful of rings
Baby you're a star I just want to show you, you are

You should let me love you
Let me be the one to give you
Everything you want and need
Baby good love and protection
Make me your selection
Show you the way love suppose to be
Baby you should let me love you

Your true beauty's description
Looks so good that it hurts
You're a dime plus ninety nine and it's a shame
Don't even know what you're worth
Everywhere you go they stop and stare
Cause you're bad and it shows
From head to your toes out of control



Now that I've given all this away, it really doesn't count anymore.

No comments: