Thursday, February 15, 2007

I know what that smile means ; )

I was on the bus yesterday when a young man got on and sat beside me. He was the spitting image of a good friend of mine I have seen in years. The memories of the time we shared together and I couldn't stop the smile from spreading on my face. It made me think of how grateful I should be for the number of people in my life that the simple thought of them brings a smile to my face. Those that in every conversation at least one of us says "remember that time..." and then we spend the next 5 minutes laughing hysterically over that time we thought we could be back up dancers for Salt & Peppa (sadly, the video tape of our rehearsal still exist somewhere) or the time we decided to be matchmakers and sent love letters to random classmates (for some reasons a lot of the stories seem to revolve about different things that got us into trouble). This particular friend and I did a lot of traveling together (Kentucky, Washington D.C. and California)and for a while we were so close it was like having another little brother (but one I actually liked). Many of our little adventures ended with us on the bedroom floor (usually mine) laughing so hard we couldn't breathe (the Condom Shack/Speaker's Corner adventure was by far the most entertaining(getting kicked out of Old Navy in D.C. was kind of fun too)). I guess all I really hope for is that they can think back on our times together with as much fondness as I do.

No comments: