Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Queen for the day


Today I was proclaimed The Queen of the Office. It was quite an honour, which I accepted most graciously. As I was making my good morning round about the office a co-worker informed me she had left something at my desk for me to wear today. I was pleasantly surprised to find a crown sitting on my desk. She stopped by to say she had gotten the crown and a party and brought it in and was trying to decide who to give it to but it was an easy decision as I am so obviously The Queen of the office. It was a beautiful crown, silver with feathers and very shiny. I wore it proudly around the office all day. At times I would forget I was wearing it and wonder what people were staring at (you would think by now I would be accustom to people staring at me (no, I'm not conceited (OKAY, maybe just a little))). One co-worker took the crown to mean I've had a total psychotic breakdown. I don't think anyone was quite as startled by the crown as my father (whose exact words I believe were, "what is that sh*t on your head???) as we both had doctors appointments this afternoon, he was giving me a ride there and refused to let me leave the car with the crown. If I'd known wearing a crown garners as much attention as it did today, I would have started wearing one years ago.

No comments: