Sunday, April 13, 2008

Back to the Grind


So after 3 months I've finally made my triumphant return to work. The first day back was great, I was all excited, couldn't sleep the night before, woke up early and everything (I just about skipped into work that morning). The second day I was still kind of excited, woke up early, wore clean clothes. By day three I was back to the pressing the snooze button 3 times, wait for the second bus and drag my feet as slow as possible on the walk to the building mode (it's scary how quickly you can adapt to a routine). Although I've only been gone 3 months a lot has changed, especially the people that are working there. The staff seems to have doubled in size and as if that wasn't bad enough (having to accustom myself to people working in my designated napping areas), I appear to have forgotten half of my co-workers names. I find myself walking through the halls responding to "Hey Marie, welcome back" with "Hey You!!" or "Hi Kar *cough* *cough*" and hoping their name actually begins with Kar. What was really sweet was that the office had passed around a get-well card which I received this first week back (accompanied by a very useful gift certificate). The only down side is I can't recognize half of the signatures on the card (which is sad, cause I'm sure it would help me figure out some of the names I've forgotten). Some of my favorite quotes are: "Quit faking and get back to work", "Take your time coming back to work but get well soon" and "This time has been a welcome reprieve, but do get well soon" (you can tell they really wanted me back). Overall, I'm really glad to be back as I was starting to develop a horrible Maury addiction (and was beginning to use the phrase "You are NOT the baby's father" on a daily basis) and my cell phone bill was going through the roof.

Oh yeah, and seeing my "friends" at work again is okay too!

No comments: