Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Thoughts... on Family Reunions

I love family reunions. We have one of those as seen in the movies, people don't really do that, who are all these crazy people kind of reunions. We have the egg and spoon race, the musical chairs, the inappropriately dressed girlfriend of a cousin and the insanely delicious homemade food. It's always a lot of fun and makes me appreciate how great our family truly is. We do one every two years and each time it's in a different location. This year it was in Trinidad and I had a blast. There's something about feeling and knowing you're loved by people you don't even know exist that hard to describe. You get there and everyone knows what you've been doing and what's been going on in your life and telling you they remember cuddling with you when you were just a baby and it's a really great feeling. One of the more interesting aspects of our reunions are some of the different "lectures" or talks that we have. This year a presentation was given on our medical history and another was given on financial planning. It's great to know we want each other to succeed and care about what's going on with one another. I have to say I truly love my family and feel blessed and privileged to be a part of such a great one.

No comments: