Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My heart hurts...

For someone who hasn't experienced it, it would be hard to explain the pain of losing a brother. When I was a teenager I lost my cousin in a tragic car accident and to me that was losing my brother. Last year after my brother's car accident when I came close to losing my biological brother I felt that same pain. And I'm feeling it again tonight, but for someone else's brother. A good friend of mine lost her brother to gun violence yesterday. I feel hurt and angry and frustrated. Nobody should ever have to go through what she's going through right now. And I wish I knew what to say.

Anger seems to be the overwhelming emotion. I think the city of Toronto needs to start getting angry. How much violence are we going to tolerate before we've had enough.

No comments: