Sunday, September 24, 2006

I'm Engaged?

HONESTLY I'm not in any rush to get married, settle down or start a family. I'm young, I still have a lot of life I want to experience (on my own) and my focus is school and achieving many of the goals I've set for myself. I'm ambitious, somewhat selfish and I'm constantly striving for perfection (see previous post).

So how did I get engaged?

I was sitting at a wedding having a conversation with a 17 year old and he asked me about getting married. I told him the truth; it's not going to happen anytime soon, if it does in fact happen. He said it will happen and I responded with there are never any guarantees. So he does what any normal 17 year old would do and says he'll marry me.

So an arrangement was reached that if when he reaches the age of 25 if neither of us is married, we'll get married.

Where was that kind of 17 year old when I was that age????

No comments: