Saturday, September 30, 2006

Things To Do

I think everyone should explore. Whenever I visit anywhere (regardless of how short my stay is) I try to see some of the town or city I'm in. I don't reserve exploration to only foreign locals, I feel almost an obligation to experience my hometown. Last night I paid a visit to the Markham Fair. For anyone who hasn't been I highly recommend it. The food is decent, the exhibits/events are fun (I don't know how, but I've developed a fondness for the tractor pull) and the price is fair ($10.00/adult). It is like a mini CNE with the focus on the majority of events on farming. You have until tomorrow to try and get there and then you'll have to wait until next year.

I love bedtime stories. I have one of those mothers that when my brother and I were younger she would snuggle in our beds and read us a bedtime story. I guess I've never outgrown having someone tell a great tale. Tonight Toronto is hosting the Scotiabank Nuit Blanche. What’s calling me to the SNB is the fact that the over 20 Toronto authors will be telling bedtime stories at the Toronto Heliconian Club. So I know where I’ll be tonight!!

No comments: