Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Gotta Love Her

Preface: There's a 15 year age gap between me and my little sister.

My sister and I hang out a lot and for the most part we enjoy each others company. So tonight I thought we'd chill together, we'd go to the mall, grab some dinner, do homework, watch Top Model and off to bed she goes. While at the mall we ran into a former colleague of mine. We stood there talking and catching up. Feeling left out she decided to contribute to the conversation. We had been talking about how I'm always running so late and how from the minute I wake up in the morning I'm on the go. Little sis suggests, "Tell him what you sleep in" with a giant grin on her face. There are any number of things I could have said, the only one, I figured, could have caused that smile on her face is not one I wanted to share.

I turned RED (not pink, not just on my face; my entire body turned RED)

I stood there for two minutes while neither of us "adults" could look at each other let alone try to think of something to say.

Out of frustration my sis turns to the guy and says "She sleeps in a nest, she always has all her stuff on the bed." (Not even close to what I was avoiding saying) Somewhat relieved, I excused us and marched my sister off to the bathroom to remind her that it's not always appropriate to join in "Adult Conversation".

I'm just thankful I probably won't see this guy for another 4 years.

No comments: