Thursday, October 19, 2006

What a Man!!

As per usual, I got to school an hour and a half early for class. As I walked in the classroom I was surprised to find one of my classmates already there sitting in my usual seat. I sat down one chair away from him (he normally has a companion sit beside him and I was leaving her a seat). Immediately he moved to the seat next to me and we began to talk.

HE GAVE GREAT CONVERSATION!

I mean there were no awkward silences or searching for things to say. He enraptured me, captivated me. We discussed life and different experiences and travels we'd had. There was no falling back on topics like "the weather" or "the latest t.v. show”.

For a minute I fell in love, not with him, but with his ability to make me overcome myself, to garner enough of my trust to want to share my true self.

It was a thing of beauty.

We whispered to each other all through class and as I left this evening, all I could think was this has been the start of a wonderful friendship.

No comments: