Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Lovely Day

After a somewhat restless night, I woke up surprisingly refreshed. I love the rain (considering moving to Seattle or London (the jury is still out on that one (July 2007!))). I said "Good morning" to 4 people; all smiled and returned my greeting. When I reached the bus stop by where I work, one of my co-workers was waiting there to give me a ride. It's only a 5 minute walk, but because of how hard it was raining he had decided to wait there for me. I received two invites to lunch and the following e-mail (from the co-worker who called me a "timewaster") "Thanks!!! You're amazing a few others sent me links but I couldn't find the information…you are great…okay now trash this email…I'd hate to think of how you might use these compliments… :)". This saying is on the wall in my room "This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."

It's going to be a great day!

1 comment:

kristin said...

i had a great day too. isn't that funny, pooring rain weather you'd think it would be depressing but it's really not. i love my school friends...