Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My Best Friend

My mom and my little sister were cleaning out my mom's closet when they came upon an autobiography I'd written when I was in grade 3. There is something surreal about reading your thoughts years later. In the autobiography (it was a school assignment) there was a page called "My 3 Wishes", and one of my wishes was for a little sister. My little sister is 8 (sometimes it feels more like 28) and there have been very few days that she hasn't heard me tell her I love her. I never realized how much it would mean to her to know that I wanted her in my life from before she was born. She was so excited that she ran downstairs to show me what I had written and started to beg my mom for the autobiography. I guess this explains why my best friend is 8 and why I'd much rather spent a Saturday hanging out with her than anyone else in the world.

No comments: