Friday, November 24, 2006

Beliefs I hold true

I may sometimes sound anti-relationship, anti-love or anti-men, but that's not the case at all. There are just certain things that I believe and others I have difficulty accepting. I don't believe all man are dogs. I know some great guys and I'm sure they'll be (or are being) excellent husbands and fathers. Judging all men by the ones that have done me wrong would be unfair and just plain stupid. I also believe that if a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. Conversely, if he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay. No changes that I make can do anything to change his mind and I can't tell myself he just needs to grow up or experience life or whatever, because it's not true. If he does all that and still chooses someone else, what's the next excuse I can give him? Slower is better. If he's going to be there, he'll be there. There's no need to rush into things or follow a certain time line to get things done. As well, I've recently learned, if a relationship ends because the man was not treating me as I deserve than honestly I can't "be friends" with him. A true friend wouldn't mistreat a friend. I'll never settle for less than I deserve (and believe me I know I deserve a lot). If something bothers me I'll let him know. I don't expect a mind reader or someone who is perfect because that's unrealistic. No man is more important than me, because we have different strengths and achievements, if he wants someone to lord over he's got the wrong female. People only treat you the way you allow them to treat you. If I'm willing to let a man walk all over me, no doubt that's exactly what he'll do. Communication and compromise are the essentials to a great relationship. You can have a relationship without them, but it's not one I'd want to be in. I don't believe in looking for someone to complete me. Meeting people is fun, I don't have to be looking for "Mr. Right" but if he comes along that works for me too.

As always, Just My Thoughts

2 comments:

Pritika said...

hmm...i agree with you there on the 'just friends' issue. I declined being friends with someone who had treated me badly when we were seeing one another, but, on the flipside, i am good friends with someone who i was in a bad relationship with. He is way better as a friend. Who is to say abut men, they are all unpredictable and complicated, more so than women i feel :)

I wasn't 'looking' for mr. perfect, yet i had my eyes open. He's not perfect, he's complicated, but totally lovable and sometimes romantic. This is the most relaxed relationship i've been in, and its new and different. I hope the right guy for you stumbles across your path soon :)

kristin said...

did you find my secret blog or somthin? woman you seriously need to get out of my head.