Thursday, November 02, 2006

Never Miss A Good Thing

When my older cousin died a couple of years ago I listened to So Alone a million times:

We were together just the other day
Taking life for granted, passing time away
I was there for you, you were there for me
We would be together for eternity
I never knew there’ll be sorrow
But I knew we’d be together tomorrow
Together forever we were so wrong
Now, I just can’t believe that you’re gone

And I’m so alone, alone
You never miss a good thing till it’s gone
And I’m so alone, I’m so alone
yes I amI really can’t believe that you’re gone, gone, gone

Life goes on and it’s not the same
Cause I can’t help sometimes calling out your name
But, then I realize that you won’t come around, no
Oh, what I wouldn’t give to see your smile
Oh, yes, we’ve had our ups and downs
Oh, what I wouldn’t do to have you cussing me out
I know it sounds funny, but what can I say
My life just ain’t the same since you went away

And I’m so alone, alone I miss you
You never miss a good thing till it’s gone (gone)
And I’m so alone, (ooh) did you have to go away
I really miss you......

Reading Karen's blog made me think of this song and that time in my life. That's the only time I can recall feeling that sense of loss. Losing him was one of those life defining moments that assisted in shaping the course of my life. I sometimes wonder how different life would be if my cousin had lived.

1 comment:

Sj said...

It's one dilemna of hindsight. When you start to see that even a small change could really impact something you care about.

I haven't lost anyone really close to me yet.. when my grandfather passed away it was shocking but sadly I didn't really know him.. yet that hurt too due to what I could think that I missed