Saturday, November 04, 2006

Restless

When I can’t sleep I normally like to read. Tonight I just can’t seem to find anything to interest me. I’ve been listening to some of my favourite artists and some new stuff. As much as I love a good beat, I need the lyrics of a song to speak to me in order to really enjoy it. When I was little, if ever my dad was away from me (My mom, brother and I moved back to Canada before my dad did and whenever I’d spend the time with relatives) he’d call and sing “I just called to say I love you”. On Saturday mornings we’d have dances in our living room. My dad would DJ so it was normally Calypsos, Otis Redding or The Manhattans. I had the first CD player on my block (when they were still really expensive and barely anyone sold CD’s). My first CD was Mary J. Blige’s”What’s the 411?” and my favourite song on the album was “Real Love”.

It’s weird what you think about at 2:21 in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have a sweet dad.. =)

it IS funny what goes through your head when you can't sleep... just the other night, for some reason, i was thinking of what kind of chairs we sat on during our computer lab classes.. it bugged me that i couldn't remember.