Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Section 3 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

3. Every citizen of Canada has the right to vote in an election of members of the House of Commons or of a legislative assembly and to be qualified for membership therein.

Although it's a right afforded to every Canadian citizen, I don't believe everyone deserves to vote. If someone is voting who hasn't researched the issues or isn’t making an educated choice I'd rather they don't bother. Voting because you like someone's name, look or just to stick with the status quo doesn't work for me. I'd prefer they stay home and watch Dr. Phil.

3 comments:

Sj said...

or Oprah and talk about how you would vote for her.


Although it would be funny to see someone like her BE Prez and still retain her old self

Marieseda said...

I promise when I become PM to totally lose my old self and whatever values and morals I appear to have.

kristin said...

i totally agree. while harassing all my classmates, I had to give people props who were not voting because they didn't do there homework. I still gave them a hard time for not taking the time, but yea.