Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Come What May

There are times when you have to believe that your life will be better for having met someone. Regardless of what role they play or how long they stay, for those few minutes, weeks, months your life was changed by them having touched it. There are certain people that you simply know in your heart you want them to be there forever, maybe just as that friend you email every Christmas just to say you hope everything is going well or maybe as the person you wake up to every morning. There are a million and one forwards out there with clichés telling us that today is international friend week or we is friends or giving out hug certificates and in all truthfulness they mean nothing, you read it over and decide to forward it, forgetting the message before the send button is hit. When I say something I mean it, by calling you friend I mean I’ll be there for you when you need me. I won’t return every call or e-mail, I’ll sometimes forget your birthday, I’ll push a joke too far and sometimes hurt your feelings, but if you ever need me, I’ll be right here. I will do everything within my power to help you and support you and understand you. All I’ll ever ask for is honesty, nothing more, nothing less.

I mentioned a while ago about an instruction manual on how to deal with me.

1. Just be Honest
I don’t try reading into things; I don’t try to guess what’s going on in your head. I’ll tell you exactly what I think and feel, just ask!

No comments: