Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Last Time

I sometimes wonder when a conversation ends if this will be the last time I speak to the other person. Do I really want the last thing they'll ever hear from me to be I'll talk to you later. There are certain people that I try never to say goodbye to because it feels so final. Whenever I visit or talk to my grandparents I always end the things with I love you. We have this traditions that whenever we drive away they stand at the porch and wave goodbye, the car is not allowed to move until I see the wave. We've done this for as far back as my memory goes. I remember my last words to my cousin before he died were I love you and I'll see you soon. It's been my only final goodbye.

Sometimes you start to question if this will be the last time. When things start to fall apart its hard to believe that you'll move past this and tomorrow will be a new day. Will there ever be another time. Even though they're not gone you're already missing them, thinking of what your world will be like without them there. You start breaking your heart before they even get a chance to. If only it wasn't so hard to say goodbye.

No comments: