Sunday, December 10, 2006

Give me back my heart you don't deserve it

A good friend of mine broke up with his girlfriend and claimed to have told her this was the "End of The Road" and that the "Waters Run Dry"(we both think in terms of song titles). I hate to say it, but the situation seems to me like a more of a "You've Got Your Hooks In Me"(O'Jays) which will eventually turn into "6 months, 8 days, 12 hours" (Brian McNight).

Personally, I'm more of an "If" or "Irreplaceable" woman (surprisingly, Destiny's Child and Beyonce). I have difficulty in believing anyone is irreplaceable and if people were to suddenly leave I'd miss them, but life will go on (this has proven to be true). About a week or so ago someone remarked on the person they were sure I'd end up with (get married to). It gave me pause and it was upsetting for me to sit and think about how the person suggested has slowly been working their way out of my life (another story). The point is that one of the very few people I thought was irreplaceable has proven to me that no one is in fact irreplaceable.

No comments: