Friday, December 15, 2006

Things That Make You Go Hmm

Just a compilation of things that have made me go "Hmm":


What was the best thing before sliced bread?

--------------------------------------------

Lunch Buddy told me yesterday that she used to think my teeth were fake (veneers) because of how white and close together they are. (Their mine, not veneers)

--------------------------------------------

Someone *cough* Lunch Buddy *cough* walked in my cubicle on Wednesday and said my hair looked white (She meant like a white person's type of hair). (I don't even know what to say to that one)

--------------------------------------------

It was pointed out that my mom doesn't get much of a mention on the blog. Here's a short story to give an example of what my mom is like. When I was in grade 5, half way through the school year it was decided that it wasn't in the budget to keep my teacher and that my class would be split in two. Half of us would be put in a 5/6 split and the other half would join the other grade 5 class. I was really upset because I loved my grade 5 teacher, Ms. McIntosh. I wanted to do something special for her, but didn't have a clue where to start. There was very little notice given about her departure, so whatever I was going to do, I'd have to do it fast. My mom came up with the ideal of making a t-shirt. My mom went and bought the t-shirt and the t-shirt paint and design and put it together. It said #1 Teacher and had a big apple on the front and then my mom wrote the names of me and all my classmates on the back. She was up all night and still had to go to work the next morning (she also baked snacks and a cake for the good-bye party). This is just one example of many of the type of mom I have.

--------------------------------------------

Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds" fee on money they already know you don't have?

--------------------------------------------

My dad always claims that my mom likes to make excuses about everything. So the other day when we drove past a dirty car my dad bet that my mom was going to say it wasn't the drivers fault, Santa's sleigh must have passed over it and Rudolph shit on the car and when the next car drove by he claimed she would state it was clean because Rudolph had pee'd on this one.

--------------------------------------------

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

--------------------------------------------

Why is it so easy to tell your friends "He's just not that into you" and so hard to tell yourself?

--------------------------------------------

Why do people in Metropolis get excited if they really thought they saw a bird or plane?

--------------------------------------------

Of all the senses, Smell is the most associated to memory

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

U're too much !! Why is smell the most associated to memory? I've wondered about that myself, the best thing I could come up with was the fact that its the most subconscious sense. You dont think about it you just smell.. its a pure chemical reaction therefore it triggers more hormones? I dunno

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you don't even know what to say to that?
You loved it! As I recall your response was, "Really, I look white. So you think I don't need the Michael Jackson skin bleaching done? The hair itself will pull it off?"

Anonymous said...

Re: Barbie
Because she needs an entourage too.

Anonymous said...

Re: sliced bread
Freshly, baked homemade bread...with lots of butter!

Anonymous said...

Re: bank charge
Because they can.

kristin said...

your mom: aaaaaw, she's awesome. dedicated mama!
santa and rudolph pooing on the car: your mom just always manages to find empathy for people. she sees the best. it's sweet.
the part of your brain that analyzes smells is actually connected to the 'ancient' part - the part that does stuff before we have a chance to be rational. i think it's kinda cool.
this is a fun post.

k a r e n said...

See, this is why I read your blog everyday! You always crack me up. I wish I was as original as you...

Post about mom almost made me cry. My mom's also one of the sweetest people on Earth.

kristin said...

karen never let it be said you're not original! there's no one else like you. I love your blog!!!

ms - still majorly lovin the bloggie of you. miss you. call me or whatever!

Sj said...

"Why is it so easy to tell your friends "He's just not that into you" and so hard to tell yourself?"

Wow.. it surely is easy.. and hell people at times seem to LOVE telling others that. (IF they don't have a man first..)