Monday, December 18, 2006

Torture, Torment and Suffering

What’s worse than having a eunuch give Playboy Bunnies a sponge-bath?

Having a diabetic bake cookies.

On Sunday a co-worker and I baked cookies for holidays to give as presents to our colleagues. I kept telling myself I could take one and leave it at that. Just take one I said, but I realized that if there are 4 different kinds of cookies and I only took one cookie the others might get jealous or worse yet, think I was prejudice. Not being one to cause discord in the cookie world I felt compelled to do the right thing and take one of each type (peanut butter, double chocolate chip, chocolate thumbprint and shortbread (or sugar-cookies (I am really not good with details))). I won’t do you the disservice of describing how amazing these cookies were (like saying they simply melted in my mouth (or that the word orgasmic comes to mind (or that I doubt I’ll ever forget my first taste of the chocolate thumbprints) instead I’ll say they were okay (I guess). I don’t think I’ll ever do the cookie baking thing again (from what I saw I know I’ll never do it in my own kitchen), but it was a great experience.

No comments: