Monday, October 22, 2007

The email

I was mean to someone the other day. I was rude and disrespectful and I said words I normally don't say. I wrote it all down and went back and forth a million times trying to decide if it should be sent and finally hit the send button. I felt awful afterwards, I wished I could reach into the computer and take it all back. I considered apologizing or asking the person not to read it and then decided not to bottle it inside, left it as is, went to bed and I would deal with it in the morning. I woke up with the sunrise and thought today is too beautiful a day to waste reliving the feelings of yesterday and choose to leave the computer off and deal with it tomorrow. It finally came time to see the consequences of my actions. I logged in and saw that there had been an almost immediate reply. The response was nothing what I had expected it to be, it was simply indifference. It's sad that it bothered me so much to send that one stupid email and that the person receiving it couldn't have cared less.

No comments: