Monday, October 22, 2007

Relationships

I had a phone conversation with a friend of mine and I found what they had to say kind of upsetting. They told me repeatedly that I should find a new boyfriend and by the third time it stopped sounding like a joke. I've learned from experience that you should never try and tell a friend how they should handle their romantic relationships as it is usually your friendship that suffers. If you tell them to leave and they decide to stay it really makes everything awkward. If you tell them to stay or to leave and they follow your advice they normally end up blaming you for their unhappiness. I find the best approach is let them make their own decisions and to let them know that regardless of what that decision is you'll be there as their shoulder to cry on, or bridesmaid or whatever they need, they can know you'll be there for them. My boyfriend might not be the richest or the smartest; he is however, the best looking, he's there for me, he supports me and most importantly he loves me. I've seen people go through some awful relationships and if you weren't looking closely you would have thought that they had met their perfect match. My boyfriend might not look or act perfect, but he is perfect for me and that’s all that should really matter to the people in my life.

No comments: