Wednesday, January 02, 2008

In my humble opinion...

I think the world would be a much better place if I had the power to make people instantly smarter. Like the lady at Second Cup who has no understanding of basic mathematics and always manages to mess up my change. Or the bus driver who sees the passenger running for his life to catch the bus and takes off just as the passenger is only two steps away. Additionally, my brother who needs to be smarter in so many different aspects of life it is not worth just mentioning one. Then there are the parents who (I'm sure) see the signs saying do not take open strollers on the escalator and still insist on doing so (to be honest I'm usually the person standing behind them that points out the sign and mentions how moronic some parents are). There are so many people who would benefit if I had such a power, especially men. Far be it for me to speak poorly about the weaker sex, but for the most part I find that they are not the most intelligent of creatures. Generally if you don't beat them over the head with a concept it rarely ever sinks in. (It's quite possibly I'm just in a bitchy mood and half of this post will be deleted when I come to my senses (or more likely I'm just being honest, in which case this post will remain entirely intact). There are numerous examples of males lacking in common sense that come to mind. Those that don't call when they should, those that lead females on when they know they shouldn't, those that fail to make the first move (or any move for that point), the ones that forget to make the small gestures or don't even think about making the big ones. Those are the guys I'd like to make smarter, not necessarily for my sake, but for every female that has to interact with them. *SIGH* if only I could rule the world.

No comments: