Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Say Anything...

In the movie Say Anything John Cusack sends his love interest this really great letter, it was very sweet and romantic (the kind of letter all teenage girls want from their boyfriends but never get). Before she gets the letter she breaks up with him and he of course is hurt and crushed. He tries repeatedly to call her and only gets the answering machine and finally he leaves her this message, "Maybe I didn't really know you. Maybe you were just a mirage. Maybe the world is full of food and sex and spectacle and we're all just hurling towards an apocalypse, in which case it's not your fault. I'm been thinking about all these things and... you're probably standing there monitoring. And one more thing - about the letter. Nuke it. Flame it. Destroy it. - It hurts me to know it's out there. Later." Sometimes I really feel like saying that to people. The maybe I don't really know you and you were just a mirage. Or asking them to forget or erase different things I've said or done or written. For them to nuke it, flame it, just destroy because it really does hurt to know it's out there in the world.

1 comment:

k a r e n said...

I keep hearing about this movie and I can't really remember if I've seen it or not but I'd like to sometime. It seems interesting and a lot of people have told me so. =P