Monday, January 07, 2008

Someone once told me...


You can't step over the same river twice. It was in regards to an "opportunity" that I would be passing up. In my youthful ignorance I laughed in there face and said not only would I be able to step over it twice but a million times because the river would always there waiting for me. I went back to the river recently expecting it to be unchanged, like a moment frozen in time. I could not have been more wrong, the river had grown and changed and apparently forgotten me. I realized I had crossed too quickly when first I went this way and not taken the time to recognize it's beauty or appreciate it's peacefulness. I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dripped it carelessly. I didn't know, I held opportunity.

No comments: