Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My thoughts on... Life Lessons

My two greatest life lessons were taught to me by David Bowie.  I must have been 6 years old when I watched Labyrinth for the first time.  To this day it remains one of my favourite movies (I also still have a girl crush on Jennifer Connelly).  Anyhow, the two lessons that he taught me were:
1) Life isn't fair
2) It's all in the way you can spin

Life isn't fair was an easy lesson to learn.  You don't always get what you want.  Sometimes you get what you want and it wasn't what you expected it to be.  Sometimes people get things they don't deserve, sometimes people deserve things they don't get.  Life is never going to be fair, deal with it!

It's all in the way you can spin anything.  People can claim to be doing things for you like turning the hands of time, changing the world upside down.  But when you really look at it, you realize it's all full of shit.  His actions in the movie weren't done out of selflessness, but to get what he wanted.  He could make it sound good, but that's just it, it sounds nice that he's done all of that and that's the extent of it.

So I thank David Bowie for my very early life lessons, they've served me well through out the years.

No comments: