Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My thoughts on... forgiving yourself

We're all human so we're all going to make mistakes.  I've made some really big mistakes, like wearing my short, red overalls when I was a pre-teen.  To make matters worse I allowed people to take pictures of me in that outfit.  Now I could continue to be mad at myself for making such a stupid mistake or I could learn and grow from it and help it form my future decisions.  I can say that was dumb, but now I know better... I will never again wear short, red overalls ever again... that was not a good look... I must have not been thinking clearly... from now on I will stay as far away from overalls as I can get.  The easiest and fastest way to forgive yourself is to learn from your mistake.  Continuing to beat yourself up over stupid decisions, just keeps you stick in the past.  The more you harp on the past and mistakes that you've made, the more you continue to f#$^ up your future.  Learn, forgive, move on... make new mistakes learn and grow from them too.  Just get living, learning and forgiving.

Forgiveness is “selective remembering” – a conscious decision to focus on love and let the rest go.

No comments: