Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My thoughts on... Life

So I spent most of today (shhh, don't tell my boss) going over my old posts.  I was sitting here at my desk laughing and crying and when it was all said and done, I was like DAMN, I MISS THAT GIRL!!  I think it's time to make more of an effort in reviving the old me.   I did something 2 days ago and for the first time in over 5 years I feel free.  I haven't made a decision in a long time that has made me feel that good.  It's weird cause sometimes we forget that the worst prisons are the ones that are in our minds.  I didn't even realize I felt so constrained until I took that first breathe after becoming free.  There's so much to share about everything that's happened over the past few years, stuff that I'd start to blog in my mind, but never put pen to paper.  I started out this year feeling like I was trapped in 3 relationships and somehow I've managed to rid myself those 3 things that were holding me back in life.  I've learned to be excited and not fear the unknown.

At this moment I feel as content and happy as I can imagine being.  I learned so much about me today and I'm glad I've had this blog to come back to and have it remind me one that it's been a wonderful life and it's still just getting started.

“Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.” ― Marianne Williamson

No comments: