Thursday, November 22, 2012

My thoughts on... The truth‏

Here's my truth. Recently, I've been in some bad relationships. Relationships where the other people involved didn't appreciate my value or add value to my life. People that tried to dull my shine. I've finally come to realize where the challenge lies in being unequally yoked. When you're with someone that's just not on the same level or page as you, it's a lot easier to sink down to their level, than to force them to raise up to yours. You can never be whole as a unit if the person you're with is just a fraction. The weirdest things can make you open your eyes.

A friend and I were discussing another friend's relationship and how he appeared to be trapped. Trapped by decisions that were made a long time ago. I sat there and realized that could be me, I was making decisions that would have had me trapped in relationships I didn't want to be in, unless I started making the changes that were required. It took making a stand and having uncomfortable conversations to direct my life on the course I want it to be. I feel so free right now, like the opportunities are endless and I couldn't feel that way until all the wrong doors were closed. Now hopefully when the right doors opens I'll be able to recognize it.

No comments: