Monday, September 25, 2006

Just Rambling

What's greater than an autumn morning? Nothing, if you're asking me. This is my favourite time of year. In the morning the air is crisp and clean, you pull out your favourite pair of jeans and warm sweater and watch the progression of the leaves as green turns to fiery red, a golden orange or a rusty brown. Another school year starts taking you one step closer to wherever you want to end up in life. Autumn brings with it a sense of peace and my favourite holiday, Thanksgiving.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the hour long bus ride going home from school, I've realized I really should have focussed on getting my license sooner. I've owned 2 cars, attended driving school and still no license. Therefore, I'm establishing my new short term goal - to have my license by the end of 2006. (LET IT BE WRITTEN, LET IT BE DONE)

------------------------------------------------------------

As my trip to South Africa gets closer, my excitement continues to grow. I think a large part of this trip meaning so much is that A) The wedding I'm going to attend is for two of the greatest people I know B) If you asked me "What are you?" the answer you'll receive is Canadian-Trinidadian-Italian. Those are the aspects of my heritage I relate to. However, (as my dad keeps insisting) we have ancestors from all over the world. By limiting my curiosity and interest to only the 3 cultures listed above I'm missing out on a lot of my history. So, as you hear of my travels and the new experiences I hope to have, it's truly just me trying to find out more about me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I need a new challenge.

I don't want to say that life is easy, but I seem to be making progress in many of my endeavours. School doesn't seem like it will take up as much time or energy and I had originally thought. Work is almost mind-numbing in its simplicity. Family life is probably the most amiable it has ever been. Even getting my license doesn’t appear to me as something that will be very difficult. Everything seems to be going right. I need a new cause, something to invest in and strive for. I'll keep thinking.....

------------------------------------------------------------

I've given up television and it wasn't hard to do. I think I'll put my energies into reading more. It's time I revisit Cyrano De Bergerac as I haven't been there in a while. It's weird that a story that has such an unhappy, just miserable ending is the one I love most. I guess I'm not a happily ever after type person.

No comments: