Wednesday, September 27, 2006

You're Killing Me!!

*Hiccups: Things I don't like; or when things go wrong.*

Lately I've had the Hiccups. Sometimes it is just mildly annoying and at others times its excruciatingly painful. Yesterday I had them all day. I woke up late, the dryer failed to dry my clothes, I couldn't find my wallet, I realized I had a lot of reading for class that I hadn't yet completed and I missed my ride (I decided to stay home). My dad reminded me that my grandmother is coming for my graduation in October and that we had guest coming over in two weeks and so the majority of my day was spent cleaning (and I still didn't get all of my readings done). Eventually, I headed off for school with the expectation that the day could only get better (I was wrong). Since I was pretty early I got a chance to do most of my readings and I got my favourite seat in the class. THAN HE WALKS IN (I'll call him Stinky). Stinky comes and sits right next to me. Explaining his smell is something I don't think I can put into words. It wasn't just an "Oops, I didn't have time to shower today" it was a "I've never seen a shower in my life" kind of smell. Kind of like 3 year old, wet garbage or a rotting dead body. Suffice to say it was disgusting. By this point the class is pretty much full, so I pulled my sweater up over my nose and tried not to breathe in deeply. Apparently, it wasn’t enough for Stinky to just smell and so he starts staring at me. I hate being stared at (no reason really). Finally he starts to copy my notes. Usually I have no problem with this as long as you ask me and there is some kind of reason, but when the notes are simply my thoughts and things to help with future studying, it really does nothing for you to copy my stuff.

Lesson Learned: Next time after strike one I'll move to the floor if I have to.

The most unwelcome hiccup is thanks to my dearest Tip. I met Tip in elementary school, when the racist music teacher wanted to introduce Tip to one of the two other "black girls" in her grade (that is really ironic if you know me well).

Interesting Fact: Tip is the ugliest person ever in a history textbook.

A couple of weeks ago I made a vow. I did so with all sincerity and every intention of keeping my word. Tip upon hearing the vow not only had the audacity to laugh, but promised that I would not be able to keep my vow. Since that time I have had more temptation thrust on me than I have ever seen in my life (Tip, it is not even funny anymore (Stop laughing, I can hear you in my head)). On Monday temptation presented itself in its most alluring form to date (twice). I am proud to say, as yet, the vow has not been broken and can say with all conviction I have every intention on seeing it thorough.

Lesson Learned: Don't tell Tip anything!!!

No comments: