Sunday, December 03, 2006

Our Deepest Fear

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

by Marianne Williamson

6 comments:

kristin said...

it's funny, I feel self-conscious about identifying with this too much... God forbid someone perceive me as egotistical right? well, if anyone perceived from that that I am egotistical then they don't really know me. That's not my fault...

I like this quote a lot. thanks T.

Marieseda said...

Some people have called me arrogant in the past and I think it's from them seeing that I recognize the fact that I am brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous and I have no problem showing that. If people were willing to let them selves shine they wouldn't be so concerned with whether I do or not. You're welcome for the quote bud.

kristin said...

oh i know... can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if we all acted out our beauty, brilliance and potential???

no really. let's try and imagine it. what would that be like?

Sj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sj said...

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

That is an interesting point. And true. It means you no longer have to play the game due to your fear so no one has to respond to you or talk around you in that way either. Or if they do it will show up for being fake by the trueness of your responses.. I think

k a r e n said...

I've always admired people for being themselves, being honest with who they are and being unafraid to show others. I think it takes a lot of courage to do that.

I don't think it's bad at all to recognize the fact that you are brilliant. I think by being yourself, you encourage people to be themselves too.

I have such high regard for those who are true to themselves. I know I can trust them.