Thursday, July 05, 2007

New Thoughts…

I've been running into a lot of people from my past and every one says the exact same thing… I haven't changed a bit! I'm not sure is that good or bad. Does that mean I look young or just that I used to look old. I don't know or care much and to be honest if take a picture of me from when I was twelve and one from right now the only difference would be that I'm (probably) better dressed now and my makeup doesn't look like it was done in the dark, during a very bumpy car ride.

Did you ever have one of those stories, where it's a great story but because of who it is about you really shouldn't tell it… SO, here it is… Two friends of mine had nothing to do a couple Sundays ago and so they decided to get drunk. As they were sitting there totally plastered one friend (we'll call him friend N) turns to the other and says "I have to go to bed". The other friend (I think we'll call him friend P) says "'N' you're pretty drunk you should stay here for a while and just chill", but N insists that he must go to bed and finally gets up to leave. A little while later P's girlfriend comes home and finds the house in total chaos. Apparently, N had gone upstairs and he must of found it too hot as he started to strip as he got to the top step. His shirt had landed in his sister's room, a shoe had ended up in the bathtub and N had ended up naked on his parent's bed as he had locked the door to his room and couldn't find the key. P's girlfriend (Q) come into the house and was immediately given the duty of finding N's keys which were somewhere in the house, but nowhere where they should be. Once Q stopped laughing (it only took her 10 or 20 minutes) she found P who in his drunken state surprisingly found N's keys rather quickly and P and Q spent the remainder of the night ever so often breaking into fits of the giggles.
(Sorry for the confusion there, but it was so funny I had to share in some form or fashion)

After some extended sick leave I'm finally back to work. Unfortunately, there are many aspects of the job I feel I have to learn all over again. It really almost feels like I'm starting a new job the amount of refreshing and new training I've had to give myself. I guess the lesson learned is stay healthy and I won't have to deal with this again (admittedly, I don't much blame myself for the pneumonia).

For some reason I never seem to make it to the bathroom before my bladder has reached emergency status. I think the problem is I'm still sitting at my desk waiting for permission to use the bathroom and I'll end up waiting there until it is do or die time. I'm almost sure that the damage I've caused to my bladder is irreparable and anytime now I'm going to have to start wearing Depends (or even worse Tena's).

1 comment:

k a r e n said...

LOL..

Good to see you are finally posting again. I thought South Africa has ruined you forever. LOL..

I don't like public washrooms and tend to hold it in for as long as I can until it's breaking point and I have to dash to the washroom. This habit has caused me much pain and trip to the doctor and has really taught me an important lesson... that is, to never hold it in.