Monday, January 07, 2008

Hard to explain

I'm not a touchy person. I like to believe that for the most part I let things roll of my back. In general I would say it takes a lot to offend me (I mean A LOT). During the course of my work, I listen to peoples stories and hear their sides or perspectives of things and admittedly at times they say things that are not the most appropriate (especially in regards to other ethnic groups). Today someone said something and it was in such a deregatory manner I couldn't help but take offense. When you have no idea of whose on the other line of the phone, I can't imagine why people feel as comfortable to say the things they do. What he said wasn't super horrible or hateful, it was just rude and ignornant. To be honest I'm still kind of shocked. He stated a stereotype as fact and it just really bothered me. That's all I have to say on that for now.

No comments: