Monday, January 09, 2012

Unconditional Love


So today I was watching Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition and I heard something that kind of upset me. The girl losing the weight after some success turned to her trainer and said it's nice that she can now start loving herself. I thought that's so sad, that someone felt the need to lose weight in order to start loving themselves. I think that mentallity is something that needs to change for a lot of people. IF I do this, than I can do that... If I lose weight, than I can love myself. Shouldn't it be reversed... because I love myself, I will lose weight and be healthy. Self-love shouldn't be dependent on how much I weigh or what I look like or what other people tell me I should or shouldn't be. I love myself because I'm the best self I can be today. Today is officially the first day of my get healthy journey. I value myself and I want to be able to give myself every opportunity available to me. I don't want to have to limit myself or my dreams because of restrictions I've placed on myself. I know that my value will never be found in being a certain size, but being around for as long as I can with the people I love is the most valuable thing to me.

No comments: