Sunday, February 19, 2012

BEST WEEKEND EVER!

Okay so I've been to Montreal before, but its usually been on someone else's schedule. So having not only a free weekend in Montreal, but one that included spending time with my two favourite people was amazing. Had I known how pain free business class travel was by train, I would have started visiting a long time ago. It was a blast... nice lounge... priority boarding ... comfortable seats and the most delicious meal I've had in transit. Steve met me at the train station and than we caught a late dinner at 3 Amigos, which is not a restaurant I will be recommending (I'll stick to Lone Star with Peri). We stayed in and up until 2. It was nice to wake up the next morning to fresh baked bread. We decided to go watch a movie on Friday. We thought it would be cool to go watch the Cape Town movie (aka Safe House). About half way through we all realized we weren't actually going to get to see Cape Town in the movie, but it was still an entertaining movie. Saturday was a totally packed day we did almost everything you could think to do in Montreal. We went to brunch at Universel and it was fantastic. We went to the snow village and took some unbelievable photos.

For dinner we went to this seafood place Suzy had been to before. You pick out the fresh seafood you want and they cook it to order. So Suzy had this great plan that we'd all order items to share except for her mussels because neither Steve or I are fans. We were all in for a surprise when the 3 or 4 mussels she'd ordered turned into a platter they refused to take back. Next we visited Montreal en Lumière, the lineups were huge and intimidating but we got a nice seat by the fire pit, which was a welcome rest after all the walking in the snow village and our huge dinner. To end the nigh we had to visit the old port and Notre Dame. Although it was a 13 hour day it was worth every minute of it. My feet are killing me and there's a giant blister on right foot, but at least it was great practice for September.

No comments: