Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Wee bit of a rough start...




So I had a great flight to Scotland, there was an empty seat beside me so I get to stretch out and relax. There was some turbulence before we landed, but I've been through worse flights. Apparently Sue has not, she looked like death when we arrived. There were a few moments in the customs lineup when I was sure she was going to pass out, but she managed to pull through. It took forever to get passed customs and pick up the rental car and since the flight had departed late we ended up being way behind schedule. It didn't help that we got lost as soon as we left the airport. Sue had printed out all the directions, we simply hadn't counted on the road closure and trying to follow the diversion signs while Sue was still figuring out how to drive on the right side. She only hit one car and I'm not sure if she took off their side mirror, but luckily there was no damage to our rental car ;)


On the road to Edinburgh all I keep hearing was "TINA EYES OPEN!!". We somehow managed to arrive safely, only to park in a motorcycle only spot and get a £60 ticket. At least we've learned that "Only M/C" means that spot us designated for motorcycles. Lunch was okay and than we walked up the Royal Mile to Edinburgh Castle. That walk finally turned the trip around. The castle was amazing, Sue pointed out that we were standing where kings once stood. I pointed out that babies with dirty pampers had probably stood there too.


On the way back to the hotel we grabbed some hot chocolate at the Cockburn Cafe. We decided to take a quick nap before dinner at 6 and woke up at midnight. It's 3AM now, so I'm going to try and get some sleep.



Sue's snoring could wake the dead! I hope I fall asleep before she does tomorrow!

No comments: