Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Just my thoughts... on friendship

Being friends should be so much easier than most people make it.  If you want to be my friend, that's fine but take me how I am, allow me to be me.  I should not have to censor myself or just share part of myself for fear of hurting feelings.  I should be able to say whatever I want, free from any judgment, you have every right to disagree with me, but allow me to express myself and I'll return the courtesy. 

Friendships should never feel like work.  I should never have the thought that I better call this person or they're going to be pissed at me.  Real friendships are easy, I have some friends I talk to once a year and we pick up right where we left off.  Real friendships don't end they simple change and morph into whatever they're needed to be at any given time. 

I read somewhere that all people need in life to be happy are 5 good friends.  The article also said that the average facebook user has 245 friends, it was saying technically you could unfriend 240 people and still be happy.  I'm blessed to have way more than 5 good friends and I'm thankful for each and everyone of them and what they bring to my life.

No comments: