Thursday, November 22, 2012

My thoughts on... Finally getting there

I finally did it!! I went to Australia!!

It by far was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I got to meet all of my extended family. Feed the kangaroos, eat the kangaroos, pet the koala, didn't eat the koalas, drove down the Great Ocean Road. Most importantly I made my dream come true and I did it all on my own. Traveling to Australia by myself had to be one of the most exhilarating and freeing experiences.

I decided to go on my own because I figured if I kept waiting for other people I'd never get there. A point that was driven home when I got to spend time with my uncles who had both recently lost their wives. Both had been planning to start enjoying their lives and traveling with their significant others when they past away. They both give me the same message. Never wait! For the right time, more money, til the kids are older. Just go, whenever, however, whatever you have to do, just do it and go.

I can't wait to go back and hopefully next time it won't  just be for a visit ;)


No comments: